Workshop on the Manufacture and Sustainability of E-Textiles
The E-Textiles Network workshop “Manufacture and Sustainability of E-Textiles” was held on the 16th January 2020 at the University of Southampton. The workshop had focused sessions on the manufacturing of e-textiles, including the technical challenges of mass production, right through to end of life disposal and sustainability.
Presentations from the day can be found below:
- Agenda – Manufacture and Sustainability of E-Textiles Workshop
- Textile Manufacturing – Fibre, Yarn, Knit, Weave and Finishing– Prof. Chris Carr, University of Leeds
- Large Area Electronics Manufacture using Printing Techniques – Prof Tim Claypole, Swansea University
- Dealing with e-waste – Prof. Ian Williams, University of Southampton
- Repair, recycling and disposal of E-textiles – Dr Dorothy Hardy, Freelance Research Communicator