Welcome to E-Textiles Network
The E-Textiles Network brings together researchers and developers from academia and industry interested in adding electronic functionality to textiles and their related products.
The E-Textiles Network is engaged in numerous activities to help promote the development of E-Textiles, find out more below:
E-Textiles Annual Conference
E-Textiles: International Conference on the Challenges, Opportunities, Innovations and Applications in E-Textiles is an annual conference which gives people from academia and industry the opportunity to discuss the exciting innovations and challenges in the rapidly emerging field of e-textiles.
- E-Textiles 2023 – November 2023
- E-Textiles 2022 – November 2022
- E-Textiles 2021 – November 2021
- E-Textiles 2020 – November 2020
- E-Textiles 2019 – November 2019
The E-Textiles Network hosts free webinars on e-textiles related topics and are available to view on our website.
- Designing Wearable Smart Garments for Sustainable Production February 2023
- Three-Dimensional Knitted Sensors to Detect Body Movements December 2022
- E-Textiles @ Southampton July 2022
- Combining Organic Electronics and Textiles in Health Monitoring May 2022
- Sensing Social Behaviour With Smart Trousers April 2022
- Definition of Norms and Testing Standards for E-Textile Structures March 2022
- Light as a Medium for Textiles; What Now? What Next? February 2022
- E-Textile Power Supplies: Turning Fabrics into Batteries January 2022
- Design and Manufacturing Thermoelectric Textiles for Power Generation and Solid-state Cooling December 2021
- Connectors and Joining Technologies for E-Textiles October 2021
- Sustainability of E-Textiles September 2021
- E-Textiles Handling: Should I treat my e-textile like a normal Garment? August 2021
- Wearable Electronic Textiles July 2021
- Triboelectricity: A Convenient Method to Power the Next Generation of E-Textiles June 2021
- Introduction to European Masterclass “Innovating in Smart Textiles”, May 2021
- Biomonitoring via Smart Garments for Pro Sports, April 2021
- Integration of Energy Storage for E-Textile Applications – March 2021
- E-Textiles for Wearable Healthcare – February 2021
- The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA): Funding for innovative ideas benefiting UK Armed Forces and National Security –January 2021
As well as webinars, the E-Textiles Network holds workshops on topics identified by the e-textiles community.
- E-Textiles for Sports and Fitness Applications – July 2022
- Manufacture and Sustainability of E-Textiles – January 2020
- E-Textiles for Healthy Ageing – February 2019
E-Textiles Network Directory of Skills and Expertise
The E-Textiles Network has developed a directory of it’s members skills and expertise, which can be used to help identify potential collaborative partners.
The E-Textiles Network is free to join and members will receive newsletters as well as information on upcoming events.